Friday, December 3, 2010

Learn Grateful by heart

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Compassionate




In the middle of the night I started to think [well, it's actually 2.15 am ]:



As a human being, we have this natural habit of feeling dissatisfied once in a while. We receive something and in a blink of an eye, we want something more, better. The urge to 'want' something will never fade. Or maybe We have something but later on feel that "oh, this is boring,dull, I want to get rid of it ASAP!"....That is just how our system works, right?


"...This is from the favor of my Lord to test me whether I will be grateful or ungrateful. And whoever is grateful - his gratitude is only for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever is ungrateful - then indeed, my Lord is Free of need and Generous." (An:Naml: 40)



But, we always forget the One who runs the system.... For everything we received, there must be a giver, right? In the favor from Allah to his servants, it is a 'test' to evaluate how well we appreciate what is given.



"So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me". (Al-Baqarah: 152)

It is to Allah we should turn to, the Sole Creator. The One who has total power to give, hold or take back whatever is given.

But, how?

"O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient".
 (Al-Baqarah:153)




Never fail to hope from Allah, to pray, to give an effort that is worth the granting we are praying for....






But I've prayed hard enough, worked hard enough, settled with my one hope hard enough but I don't see any rewarding returns. Why is that so?


"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not". (Al-Baqarah:216)




Educating the self to be a grateful person is hard especially when you see others having MORE and even BETTER [own assumption] that you. For a starter, let's try comparing to those who are less fortunate than us. Example: we are able to eat chicken everyday in a comfy environment but somewhere out there, people are killing among themselves just to get the flour distribution and don't have the perfect clean utensils to cook in and hardly having any luxurious side dishes. Not to mock the whole situation but to take a stop and ponder  " how wonderful my life as compared to X [whatever unpleasant] situation"......That should do the trick of learning how to be appreciative.


A whisper:

oh Allah, if I can't have what I want, then please let me want what I'll have and be grateful~


Still hard?


Who said life was easy?


Ups and downs, give and take, received and taken back from or even stagnant......it's all part of life and also  [an-Naml: 40]



Wallahu a'alam


toddles~

salam~~

No comments:

Post a Comment