Monday, December 20, 2010

Inspiration [2]

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Compassionate

A continuation from : HERE

Just wanted to share this inspiring true story for our future reference


A friend of him wrote this in the comment section in his blog:

"I remember the last words uttered just before we last visited the night before he left the uk, 'if we do not meet again in this dunya we may meet in jannah inshallah'

Indeed the news of the death of my dear friend and class mate of 5 years (at Medical school) has brought great sadness yet Also comfort in the hope that inshallah he is now in much better place free from any pain, inshallah.

Having known Mas for the last 5 years studied together, lived together during some part of the final year and thus spent a lot of time together with him. I must confess how great of a person he was. Avery softly spoken person, who never offended anyone through his action or speech.he would always be there to helo and support whenever required. A regular attendee of the local Muslim welfare house and until his recent ill health would regularly make the long and steep journey from his house in Filey street to masjid even all alone in the. Early hours of the morning.

Even during this illness of his when talking to him I remember how strong willed he was always saying how ill health is a blessing from Allah and expiation from sins'and would bring a smoke to people around him who were disheartened by his illness yet never show any discontent or complain about his illness. He had such great trust and faith in the hands of Allah subhanallah....."


His mom wrote:

Assalamualaikum,

Mas Afzal passed away at 2.24am, 18th December, 2010. His papa, brother Andi, sisters Aiysha n Atiqah,uncle Shahrir n me were with him till he breathed his last. He was intubated and n in an induced coma from about 1pm the day earlier because he was having difficulty breathing n his Blood Pressure was getting very low.

Since he was admitted to the Ampang Hospital on December 2nd, he did not get any good night's sleep. Now, he can rest and wait for me n all of us to join him.

I thank Allah for letting me borrow him for the last 26 years. I am also thankful that Allah has given me n my family the opportunity to take care of him while he was in hospital.

Many of his friends visited him in hospital n he could recognise them all, even during the times when he was in a confused n sometimes delirious state because of the infection he suffered n the pure oxygen he was given.

He told me to make sure to wake him up if any of his friends came to visit. "I want to acknowledge their presence", he said. Actually I was surprised he could recognise all his friends who came despite the fact that he sometimes forgot that he was in hospital. At the end of visiting hours, I would ask him about his friends who came and he would describe to me who those friends are, what they were studying, how they met, what activities they have done together n so on. I could see he loved all his friends a lot.

I would always test him to see his state of mind by asking who I am..."Mama", he would always answer. Afzal did not sleep at all the whole night on Thursday and was either reciting versus from the Quran, performing prayers or doing the zikr throughout the night.I think he was trying to sort things out in his head n said whatever came to mind n since Quran versus were always close to his heart, those versus were among the things he blurted out. I was tired just looking at him but helpless to do anything, other than hold his hand, massage his back n stood by his side n by the graces of Allah, I did not feel sleepy at all throughout that night. By morning he was exhausted and all my efforts to make him stop n rest failed. The last hour before he was intubated, I kept testing him to see if he is still able to recognise me. Three times I asked him who I was. He would stop his blabbering and say "Mama".

N now, part of me is happy for him because he is no longer suffering but a larger part of me is missing him so much. My baby is no longer with me. I am no longer able to take care of him for he is now under a more capable carer.

I will always have the beautiful memories with Afzal, the moments together that only the two of us share...always.....Mama Afzal.



Truly inspiring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment