Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Twins of Faith 2011 [A truly cherished moment]

It's been two days since the event ended and I can't seem to get over the fact that it has ended.

It was truly an amazing experience to be among the participants of that mashaAllah great event.

Come to think of it, I was never the type of person who would spend money to attend talks as there are so many free talks being held here and there [just have to embrace it] but how beautiful Allah has arranged it for me so that I could register and attend that event :)

At first when I saw the announcement in FB, I quickly informed AK and some other friends and alhamdulillah AK told me that she and her family will be joining so I was responsible for the booking. From the day I made payment, I wasn't aware of how the event would touched me and the other people who came :D

Strangers gathered at PICC,Putrajaya, Muslims, Non-Muslims [Allahu akbar!], locals and also international for so many reasons, but one thing's for sure, all were touched,emotionally  [or...was it just me?]


I don't want to elaborate the content of the talks in this post as I will continue my series of TOF [Part 3, 4, 5, so on inshaAllah] but I do know one thing. As like what Sheikh Yahya Adel Ibrahim said [in my own words]: " There will be two kinds of people who will leave this hall; one whom gained knowledge and felt the need to share it with others and the other one who came and left without nothing and inshaAllah all of you will be the former group"

Everything was up to it's level. The venue was great, the speakers were fantastic! Their speech, their punctuality, their akhlaq of addressing the speeches, the content, the mother's room [which I went to perform my solat since the surau area was FULL alhamdulillah], the hall [Plenary Auditorium, ladies were seated at Level 3 while gentlemen at Level 2], the booths, the food area  [me and AK didn't take our lunch at Day 1 due to limited space and food but it was successfully improved during Day 2 where they changed the venue and had 3 separate buffet corners for us to buy our foods!]. I was also captivated by the view of ladies coming with their abayas and also the guys with their garments too [though it was obvious they weren't local guys,LOL] till it felt I was attending an International Conference at a foreign country...tehee loving it! I also loved seeing how the ladies made effort to perform solah anywhere and not just limit themselves to the surau, some even prayed in the hall itself! Ok, I already felt like I was in UK.


Credits to the committees and volunteers who did their job very well. They managed to keep a distance between men and women especially on the seating terms. Only family with little children were able to seat together :D. The lady volunteers all wore black abayas and it was a very pleasant sight  [and someone also took me for a volunteer,LOL].

Mishaps did occur but it was on a minor scale. I guess the sisters' only workshop should be held at a larger venue because many couldn't enter the hall. There was a marriage matrimony workshop for both single male and female [kinda like BM thingy kot] but ofcourse I didn't register  [eventhough AK told me to :p]


I also managed to meet some schoolmates and my dear Mdm.Azimah =).





Now, some pictures:



opening quranic recitation by one the the Akademi Quran members. [forgot the name]

You Are The Best of Nations by Sh.Yahya Adel Ibrahim


The Building Blocks by Sh.Alaa Elsayed

Boona Mohammed doing his thing :)


gloomy weather outside but a refreshing aura inside

Beautiful yet confusing Putrajaya

skyscrappers

Sh.Navaid Aziz, his talk touched me personally

Workshop with UZAR: Family Finance

Workshop with Dr.Alini: Effective Parenting using the Khalifah Method

Sh.Tawfiq Choudary, the founder of Mercy Mission

booklet

tentative

Workshops: me and AK attended the Challenges of a working Mom, Family Finance, Women in the Eyes of God, Struggling to be a better Muslimah and Parenting method :)




All in all, TOF has touched my heart and made me "feel alive" again,ALHAMDULILLAH ^^


I'm really hoping for lots of TOF more to come. In the feedback form, I wrote in the "the speakers that you would like to have in the future" names like : Bro Nouman Ali khan, Sis Yasmin Mogahed, Bro Yusuf Estet, and Baba Ali for the entertainer along with the speakers who came this year...they were absolutely great! May Allah reward them all with jannah,ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment