Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ze Hijab

Salam,


Pheww it's been a while. After the sick entry I posted an entry but took it back. Why? Because I can..haha..JK

Nothing special going on, life continues for whenever He wants me too, alhamdulillah


A few days back, someone whomI had the chance to study with back in the good old days asked me a question about a particular situation happening at a particular place. That person was sad and mad upon the situation itself. I gave my reply to what I thought as diplomatic because I SHOULDN't be criticizing much on things I didn't encounter first hand.

It made me think about the phrase BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE and EXPRESS YOURSELF FREELY.

There's no objection to whatever you wanna be or however you want to express yourself with. I get it, we all want to try something bizarre and out of moon sometimes. I have that desire, ALL THE TIME!  [ie: like booking a flight ticket and randomly go travel alone...LOL or take the LRT ride back and forth KELANA JAYA-GOMBAK-KELANA JAYA-GOMBAK]   (**you might find these examples unrelated to the following content but you'd get the point,ok?hihi)


But, as a Muslim, we have certain lines that we must adhere to. Because, we, as an individual, we bring our appearance to the eyes of the world and it would be pitiful if non-muslims see us like "oh..they can be like this at one time and be a completely different person at another time"

I will take the hijab matter [ headwear]  into discussion. Lately we can see the mushrooming hijab fashion pioneered by young muslim women figures where they would wrap whatever kind of materials on their heads. Well, there has been a conflict of interest on this issue where some might say "what in the g'damworld are you wearing?" BUT the way I see it : It's a good start.

And you wanna know why? Because I can see more and more hijabLESS muslim women [from FB friends to TUMBLRians and in REAL LIFE TOO ,alhamdulillah] turning to wear the hijab on their head. Well I guess that's the positive impact ^^. From time to time, they will learn that wearing the hijab is not just a matter of covering the head but it also teaches one self to practice self modesty, humility, as a Muslim women...inshaAllah I pray so, for me and for my Muslim sisters.


Believe me, wearing the hijab, head scarf, or whatever you wanna call it is PRECIOUS =)

It is also AN ACT OF OBEDIENCE TO ALLAH, our Creator.

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed. [An-Nur: 31]

 O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to conceal your private parts and as adornment. But the clothing of righteousness - that is best. That is from the signs of Allah that perhaps they will remember. [Al-A'raf: 26]




But, never look down upon those whom are yet to see the beauty of wearing the hijab. Let us pray that everyone will turn to what Allah has ordered upon us and together, seek for His blessings and forgiveness, Ameen Ya Robb.


ADDITION: Let's listen to her opinion : ) -----> HERE

I like this part SubhanAllah : "Are we dressing for ALLAH or are we dressing for the people?"


Till next time,

toodles~

Salam~~

No comments:

Post a Comment